After School Educator
The League of Young Inventors is an after school program for curious kids and novice tinkerers. We are looking for a talented educator who can captivate and lead teams of twelve elementary-school aged kids through an exploration of humanity’s greatest inventions. Full-time teachers looking for additional after school work are welcome to apply, provided they can be available by 3:45 PM. This position is particularly well suited for science and art educators.
Specifically, this educator should be:
- A maker/builder/crafter at heart
- Experienced with project-based learning
- Excellent at managing multiple student projects and personalities at once
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- At least one year of teaching experience (leading hands-on activities in a classroom, after school program, day camp, etc)
- Punctual and reliable
- Lead 2 to 3 hour-long sessions, 2 to 5 days per week
- Come prepared by thoroughly reading through and internalizing each lesson plan
- Tinker with any design challenge prior to facilitating with the students
The classes are held Monday through Friday after school and will require the teacher to be available from 3:50 to 6:30 PM on class days. There is potential to turn this position into a full-time position by adding additional hours during weekends, school vacations, and summer, as well as time dedicated to curriculum development.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.